Dr. Eric Rodgers
- Education –
UNC Chapel Hill 1982 Chemistry, and Pennsylvania College of Optometry 1986 Beta Sigma Kappa Honors.
- Specialty/Expertise –
- Clinical interests includes Dry eye management, Glaucoma, and Multi-focal Contact Lenses.
- When did you know that you wanted to be an optometrist –
- I knew I wanted to be an Optometrist in High School. I watched my Father’s career as an Optometrist and how much enjoyment he got from helping his patients. I knew that was a profession I would enjoy.
- Favorite part of being an optometrist –
- I enjoy meeting new people and making friends with my patients for life. I get a lot of satisfaction from helping people maintain their sight and keeping their vision working top notch!
- Favorite vacation –
- My favorite vacation locale is the Beach! We often go to Topsail Beach. I have been to Kaui a few times and it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.
- Favorite concert you’ve been to –
- One of my favorite concerts was seeing Bruce Springsteen in 1986 at one of my favorite places the “Dean Dome”. Led Zeppelin in Greensboro 1977 and U2 in Philadelphia 2017 also high on my list of favorites.
- Pets –
- We have a 4 year old Goldendoodle “Kona” she lives up to her name as she has the most energy of any dog I have ever known. She is friendly with everyone she meets besides maybe a rabbit!
- Fun fact –
- I like to run marathons most recently ran the 2017 San Diego Rock and Roll marathon with my wife. I am a student of how food effects our health. 100% agree with the quote from Hippocrates ” Let food be thy medicine”. Spent about 10 years as a Boy Scout leader and watching my son Scott become an Eagle Scout was truly a highlight of my life!